35-hour Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Certified by Yoga Alliance
Join us May 10 – 14, 2017, for an intensive immersion into Aerial Yoga. If you want to dive deeper into your own yoga and aerial yoga practice, you are welcome to join!
What is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial yoga is a practice that combines already known yoga asanas (poses) with Aerial dance moves, to create a hybrid of hatha yoga and Aerial arts. Many of the same benefits and principles of yoga apply to Aerial yoga, and the use of Aerial hammock is mainly to enhance, deepen, and assist one’s practice. In that sense, the hammock can be viewed as just another yoga prop, like a strap or a block. The highlight of aerial yoga is the safe practice of inversions, that alleviate back pain without putting strain on shoulders or neck, or requiring great strength or balance.
BENEFITS OF AERIAL YOGA:
- deeper stretches
- low back pain relief
- improved flexibility and joint mobility
- low impact exercise
- safe practice of inversions without compromising the neck or shoulders
- building tremendous core and upper body strength
- developing lean muscles and figure
- improving balance and focus
- mind-body connection
- shavasana (final relaxation) in the hammock is the best relaxation you’ve ever tried
- it’s uplifting, fun and adventurous!
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Benefits and contraindications of Aerial yoga
- Differences and similarities between aerial and mat yoga
- Breakdown of aerial poses and principles
- Various types of aerial yoga poses (Standing poses, Wrist wrap poses, Backbends, Back straddle, Hip hang, Inversions , Transitions, Flying poses)
- Intro to Restorative Aerial
- Contraindications and sequencing in Prenatal aerial
- Cueing and demonstrating in an Aerial yoga class
- Sequencing a class
TRAINING IS FOR:
- Yoga instructors
- Pilates instructors
- Barre instructors
- Dance and Aerial dance instructors & practitioners
- Massage, thai massage and physical therapists
- Yoga students wanting to dive deeper into their practice and discover new forms of yoga
TRAINING CONSISTS OF:
- 35 contact hours
- 10 practice, class observation and self-study hours
May 10 – 14, 2017
10am – 5pm Daily
@ Holis Wellness Center in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
(plus 3 additional 1.5h aerial yoga classes that will be assigned on the first day)
Previous experience in Aerial yoga is preferred (20+ classes), but not necessary. If you would like to take this course, and even teach aerial yoga, but do not have prior experience, please contact us in order to advise you on how to prepare for the training.
If you are a registered/certified yoga and pilates instructor, you will receive a certification and yoga alliance credit for 35h that will allow you to teach aerial yoga.